Scaling & Root Planing in Bayside
Are you bleeding a lot while brushing and flossing? You may need a deep cleaning or scaling and root planing.
Some patients require more than routine preventative tooth and gum cleaning. Deep cleanings can help alleviate many dental health problems by removing soft or hardened plaque from under the gum line, facilitating the healing of gums, preventing tooth and bone loss and the spread of gum disease.
SIGNS OF PERIODONTAL DISEASE:
- Continuous bleeding when brushing and flossing
- Foul odor to your breath that isn’t freshened by mouthwash
- Red, puffy inflamed gums that lack a healthy stippled appearance
- Large black triangles between your teeth which represents bone loss
- Deep pockets where food and bacteria get caught beneath your gums